Based out of our location in Crystal, MN the Truck Driver is responsible for hauling materials to and from jobsites in the surrounding area. May also perform manual labor as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hauls various construction materials to and from jobsite locations
- Loads and unloads trucks; hauls and hoists materials
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor at construction project sites
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Brings any concerns to the attention of the project Foreman, Superintendent, General Superintendent, Safety Director or Management
- Maintains a clean job site by picking up all materials, tools/small equipment and secures job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards
- Other projects or duties as assigned by management
- Keeps supervisor informed of known actions, written or verbal, which may affect the ability to successfully perform assignments or adversely affect Company operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent, six to twelve months of construction experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CDL A or B License
- Working knowledge of and ability to use small equipment and tools.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to read and interpret maps, routes, road signs, and operate a GPS
- Ability to use provided Electronic Logging Device
- Member of union, or ability to join
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must be able to work 8 to 12-hour workdays, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekends
- Must be able to maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to perform manual work requiring periods of extensive physical exertion and potential exposure to adverse weather conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Employee is exposed to environmental conditions, working near machines and loud noises associated with construction sites. Exposed to variable weather conditions including rain, snow, wind, cold and heat. Also exposed to variable terrain.
Kevitt Companies does not accept recruiting agency solicitations.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, INCLUDING M/F/VET/DISABILITY