Assist with preventative maintenance and repairs of gas and diesel equipment in our recently expanded maintenance facility. You will be tasked with making electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic repairs on equipment such as light and heavy trucks, excavators, loaders, skid steers, small engines and more. Applicants should have some experience with truck and diesel heavy equipment repair so they can determine what parts and tools are necessary for repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Annual DOT and machine inspections
- Perform electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical repairs as well as preventative maintenance
- Troubleshoot issues with gas and diesel engines
- Determine what parts and tools are necessary to make repairs
- Complete service paperwork
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- 2 to 5 years of experience with heavy truck, or diesel/heavy equipment repair
- Welding experience (preferred, not required)
- Manual dexterity
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Must be able to work 8-10-hour workdays, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekends. Must be flexible regarding work hours including possible out of town work
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Union affiliation or willingness to take the necessary steps to join the union
- Must be able to maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Often required to sit, stand, walk, bend knees, stretch arms, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Employee is exposed to environmental conditions, working near machines and loud noises associated with construction sites. Exposed to variable weather conditions including rain, snow, wind, cold and heat.
Kevitt Companies does not accept recruiting agency solicitations.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, INCLUDING M/F/VET/DISABILITY