Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction project sites. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set sewer and water lines, clean up rubble, debris, and other waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with building the utility component of a project and using your utilities industry knowledge to include the following:
- water main and sanitary sewer line collection systems, site grading, road construction, drainage, dewatering, and any other necessary improvements required for a project
- Support with several general construction duties for utility projects including but not limited to:
- shoveling, staking, plan reading, laser setup, proper pipe installment, knowing and understanding grades and slopes, excavation and trench safety, confined space safety, drainage improvements, dewatering, cleaning and preparing the job site and any other necessary improvements required for the project
- Operates hand and power tools
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Related utility construction labor experience with installing water, sewer, and storm drainpipe
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be a team leader under challenging conditions
- Ability to be punctual and dependable
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Must be able to work 8-10-hour workdays, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekends. Must be flexible regarding work hours including possible out of town work
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Union affiliation or willingness to take the necessary steps to join the union
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Often required to sit, stand, walk, bend knees, stretch arms, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Employee is exposed to environmental conditions, working near machines and loud noises associated with construction sites. Exposed to variable weather conditions including rain, snow, wind, cold and heat.
Kevitt Companies does not accept recruiting agency solicitations.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, INCLUDING M/F/VET/DISABILITY