The Project Engineer/Estimator Intern is to assist in bidding and secure Earthwork demolition construction projects. Once projects are awarded, the Project Engineer/Estimator Intern will assist project manager and project engineer in the contract work from start to finish including scheduling, cost containment, monitoring progress, compliance, and client contact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in obtain and maintain all necessary construction permits
- Perform quantity take-offs and assist in estimating reviewing plan and specifications, gathering quotes and submittals
- Review shop drawings/submittals to identify risk/opportunity
- Ensure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements.
- Interface with on-site construction crews as required ensuring safety is maintained, quality of construction, adherence to the overall project schedule, and tracking productivity goals
- Monitor and report construction work progress, quantities, and daily labor. Identify any variance from the project plan
- Assist the Project Manager with change orders, scheduling, invoicing, and reviewing job costs
- Assist with ordering and delivering materials to the job site ensuring they are in sync with the project schedule
- Gain a working understanding of budgets, cost accounting, invoices, contracts, and change orders to identify and track all cost issues, with input from the Project Manager as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Organize and handle multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Teamwork, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Microsoft Office, project pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Demonstrated positive and professional attitude and customer service skills
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Adaptive, effective communication and active listening skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Seeking a degree in Construction, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent experience
- 0-4 years of related experience
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Must be at least 18 years of age
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Employee is exposed to environmental conditions, working near machines and loud noises associated with construction sites. Exposed to variable weather conditions including rain, snow, wind, cold and heat.
Kevitt Companies does not accept recruiting agency solicitations.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, INCLUDING M/F/VET/DISABILITY